Artificial Intelligence and Mixed Reality: Toys or Commercial Opportunities?
July 18 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm| $25.00
At WHACC’s July luncheon, we’ll strap on headsets and set our sights on the future. The future that has arrived today – in the form of artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality. We’ll look at how these tools are currently being used in marketing and training and how they can be adapted for small and mid-sized businesses.
Speakers and their topics include:
Mike Kaput, Director of Marketing, AI Institute, PR 2020:
- An overview of artificial intelligence, why it matters, and how real companies use it in their operations today.
- Why marketers in particular need to learn how to understand and apply AI.
- Practical examples of how AI can be leveraged for greater business and marketing performance.
Jeff Mlakar, Lead Programmer, CWRU
- Will explain the differences between virtual reality and augmented reality,
- Show how Microsoft HoloLens at Case Western Reserve University is being used to teach medical anatomy, among other applications.
- Will discuss how this transformative platform will begin to be more affordable for small and medium sized businesses
Chris Gandee, Manager, Education Services, Lincoln Electric
- Learn how Lincoln Electric has revolutionized welding training with VR Integrated Weld Training
- VR is being used to train skilled welders faster, recruit the next generation of welders and save money.
- Experience the VR welding training simulator
Date: July 18, 2018
Location: Marriott Cleveland East
Time: Registration & Networking 11:30 – 12:00
Luncheon and Presentation: 12:00 – 1:30